Over the past few months, we have been adding some new content to the Decolonising Design website. What’s new on the site?
- “Barbed Wire: The Colonial Legacy of Design in Postcolonial Times”—a new guest post by Ksenija Berk
- Back in June, Danah, Luiza and Tristan from the Decolonising Design (DD) group presented a paper at the Venice Biennale as part of “On the dynamics and vocabularies of co-option, care and the subaltern” by PARSE. An audio version of the presentation is available.
- DD member Tristan Schultz gave a talk titled “Mapping and Amplifying Decolonised Design Futures” at Goldsmiths, University in London in June. Listen to the audio version of his talk here.
- Last November, we hosted the Intersectional Perspectives on Design, Politics and Power symposium. This past summer, we made both audio and PDF versions of the presentations given during that symposium available on our site.
- All our audio content is uploaded to Mixcloud—follow us here: mixcloud.com/decolonisingdesign/
Lastly, we would like to remind our readers that our platform is open to guest contributors. We welcome plural voices on design and decoloniality, and in languages other than English. Contact us at decolonisingdesign[at]gmail[dot]com.